WEC Guinea-Bissau has opportunitiies for short term workers - up to two years, and for long term workers - more than two years. Come for a summer, a semester, a year, or, on a one way ticket!
Guinea-Bissau is a country divided by many rivers but being united by Christ. Guinea-Bissau is one of the poorest countries in the world, with instability, diseases, and many reasons to deter all but the most determined disciples of the Lord Jesus from serving Him here.
"The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest."
Long term workers are needed now for all of our church planting teams. Each team meets together usually each week for prayer, fellowship, encouragement and accountability. All of our teams meet together each two months for prayer and encouragement and annually for our field conference.
WEC Guinea-Bissau aims to have teams of at least five workers for each people group. Long term workers will have time to learn lanugage and culture, visit the current teams to see the variety of possibilities and ministry and have time to seek the Lord's direction for them before joining a team.
- Mandinka – two new workers.
- Nalu/Susu – four new workers.
- Biafada – two couples plus at least one national evangelist.
- Balanta Mane – six new workers.
- Fula – two couples (Praise the Lord, one couple is now learning Pulaar)
- Finance office worker – one
All opportunitiess are to work with experienced workers in teams and include: language learning, culture learning, involvement in local communities of believers, living simply, being prepared for the Lord to show you many new things about yourself and about others.
What do you need? A willingness to learn, to give, to fit into a multi cultural team, to be available to be blessed and to be a blessing to many.
- Health workers – three
- Teacher trainer – one
- Science teachers – six, (one each physics, chemistry, biology, geology plus two)
- IT teachers – three
- Music teacher – one
- Language teachers – three (french and/or english)
- English teachers – four for Youth Centre
- Youth ministry – two couples